Obagi Nu-Derm Rx System Normal to Oily (Prescription Product)
Obagi Nu-Derm Rx System for Normal to Oily skin is a top-seller for good reason. Research, devotees, and testimonials leave no doubt of the power of Obagi. The unique skin bleaching and clarifying formulas inlcuded in the 6-product kit include hydroquinone 4%, AHAs for exfoliation and clariying and SPF 50 for reliable sun protection.
Save 5% with Auto-Refill! Cancel anytime.
Simply use coupon code SAVE in checkout cart.
The Obagi system for brighter, younger looking skin
The Nu-Derm Rx Normal to Oily System is a complete skincare system specifically formulated for normal to oily skin and includes prescription-grade products containing arbutin-based skin brighteners.
- Foaming Gel: A gel-based cleanser that removes impurities, oil, and makeup to leave even the oiliest skin clean and fresh.
- Toner: A toner that adjusts the pH of the skin for increased penetration of the system ingredients.
- Clear Rx: A topical prescription treatment that includes 4% hydroquinone. It corrects hyperpigmentation (discoloration) and improves and evens skin tone.
- Exfoderm Forte: An alpha-hydroxyacid (6% glycolic acid, 4% lactic acid) that removes old skin cells while promoting new skin cells for a lighter, brighter, firmer complexion for skin that needs deeper exfoliation.
- Blender Rx: A topical prescription treatment that contains 4% hydroquinone to target hyperpigmented (discolored) areas of the skin and increases the penetration of the active ingredients of the system.
- Sun Shield SPF 50: A sunscreen that combines high UVB absorption and UVA protection in an elegant, matte finish with 10.5% zinc oxide and 7.5% octinoxate. Sheer, PABA-free, and fragrance-free for all skin types
|Use or Effects||Anti-Aging, Collagen Boosting, Fade Hyperpigmentation, Brightening, Moisturizing, Sun Protection / SPF, Exfoliation, Skin Smoothing|
|Drug Class/Pharmacology||Tyrosinase Inhibitor|
|Is a Prescription Product||Yes|
Contains 4% hydroquinone. Use sunscreen when exposed to sun.
CONTRAINDICATIONS: People with prior history of sensitivity or allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients should not use it. The safety of topical hydroquinone use during pregnancy or in children (12 years and under) has not been established.
WARNINGS :Avoid contact with eyes, nose, mouth, or lips. In case of accidental contact, patient should rinse eyes, nose, mouth, or lips with water and contact physician.
Sunscreen use is an essential aspect of hydroquinone therapy because even minimal sunlight exposure sustains melanocytic activity.
Contains sodium metabisulfite, a sulfite that may cause allergic-type reactions including anaphylactic symptoms and life-threatening or less severe asthmatic episodes in certain susceptible people. The overall prevalence of sulfite sensitivity in the general population is unknown and probably low. Sulfite sensitivity is seen more frequently in asthmatic than in nonasthmatic people.
PRECAUTIONS (ALSO SEE WARNINGS):Treatment should be limited to relatively small areas of the body at one time since some patients experience a transient skin reddening and a mild burning sensation, which does not preclude treatment.
Pregnancy Category C: Animal reproduction studies have not been conducted with topical hydroquinone. It is also not known whether hydroquinone can cause fetal harm when used topically on a pregnant woman or affect reproductive capacity. It is not known to what degree, if any, topical hydroquinone is absorbed systemically. Topical hydroquinone should be used on pregnant women only when clearly indicated.
Nursing Mothers: It is not known whether topical hydroquinone is absorbed or excreted in human milk. Caution is advised when topical hydroquinone is used by a nursing mother.
Pediatric Usage: Safety and effectiveness in children below the age of 12 years have not been established.
Use of the product should be discontinued if hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients is noted.