Generic Ortho Tri-Cyclen Birth Control, Progestin/Estrogen Combination 0.25/.035mg Tablet (Prescription Product)
This Combinational Oral Contraceptive (COC), known to many as "the pill" blends synthetic forms of the female hormones progestin (.025mg) and estrogen (.035) to prevent pregnancy. It is the generic equivalent of brand name Ortho Tri-Cyclen. This Rx may also be prescribed to treat moderate acne vulgaris in females who are at least 15 years old. Each monthly pack contains 28 pills.
Save 5% with Auto-Refill! Cancel anytime.
Simply use coupon code SAVE in checkout cart.
The combo birth control pill for reliable results
Mono-Linyah, known to many as just the "pill," is the generic of brand name Ortho Tri-Cyclen. Other generic "brand" names for this Rx-only medication include Estarylla, Femynor, Mononessa, Previfem, Sprintec, Tri-Lo-Marzia, TriNessa.
How does this birth control pill work?
Ethinyl estradiol (a synthetic form of estrogen) and norgestimate (a synthetic form of progesterone) prevent both ovulation and sperm from reaching the egg.
"Defensive Back" players
Although no contraceptive is 100% effective, the pill is considered 99% effective at preventing pregnancy, when taken as instructed. If the first two strategies of preventing pregnancy (stopping ovulation and slowing sperm) do not work, there's a last line of defense. For the particularly strong "swimmer" and a very eager egg who succeed at fertilization, the egg is expected to have a tough time attaching to the uterus. Normally as the body prepares the uterus for the attachment of a fertilized egg, the uterine lining thickens. The birth control pill Mono-Linyah uses a balance of ethinyl estradiol and norgestimate to interrupt the normal thickening of the uterine lining (endometrium). The result is a thin uterine lining which prevents egg attachment.
Other prescribed uses for generic Ortho Tri-Cyclen:
- Improve acne in some women
- May reduce the risk of ovarian, uterine and colon cancer
- May reduce the risk of developing ovarian cysts
- Reduce pain during menstruation
- Lessen severity of pre-menstrual syndrome (PMS)
- Help regulate periods
*To ensure that we provide you with the best price, we may substitute one generic for another.
|Use or Effects||Acne, Birth Control, Hormonal Therapy|
|Drug Class/Pharmacology||Progestin/Estrogen Combined Oral Contraceptive (COC)|
|Is a Prescription Product||Yes|
Mono-Linyah is a 28-day combination birth control pill containing ethinyl estradiol (an estrogen) and norgestimate (a progestin). Mono-Linyah is an FDA approved generic of brand name Ortho Tri-Cyclen.
Other common "generic brands" include Estarylla, Femynor, Mononessa, Previfem, Sprintec, Tri-Lo-Marzia and TriNessa.
Some but not all restrictions include: Not recommended for women over age 35 and smoke or who are over age 35 and have smoked recently. Women who are pregnant or have recently given birth should not take the combination pill with ethinyl estradiol and norgestimate.
Mono-Lynah, Ortho Tri-Cyclen and other approved generics of Ortho Tri-Cyclen may also treat or be prescribed to treat:
Speak with your physician about other prescribing information and whether Mono-Linyah is right for you.
- Obagi Nu-Derm Blender Rx (prescription product)Special Price $87.55 Regular Price $103.00
- Obagi Nu-Derm Clear Rx (Prescription Product)Special Price $91.80 Regular Price $108.00
- Obagi-C Rx System (Normal to Dry) (Prescription Product)Special Price $317.90 Regular Price $374.00
- Obagi-C Rx System (Normal to Oily) (Prescription Product)Special Price $295.80 Regular Price $348.00
- Obagi Tretinoin Cream .05%, 20gm Tube (prescription product)Special Price $77.35 Regular Price $91.00
- Obagi Tretinoin Cream .025%, 20g Tube (prescription product)Special Price $71.40 Regular Price $84.00