Generic Valtrex 1000mg Tablets (prescription product)
Generic Valtrex is an anti-viral medication prescribed for the treatment and suppression of the HSV1 and HSV2 viruses, also known as Herpes. 1000mg tablets. Choose quantity below.
Live a More Confident and Outbreak-Free Life
Generic Valtrex is an antiviral medication used to treat infections caused by the HSV1 and HSV2 virus. By choosing valacyclovir, the bioequivalent to Valtrex, you will save money and receive the same quality of medicine. Valacyclovir is an FDA approved generic medicine and the ingredient in Valtrex.
Symptoms of HSV 1 (Herpes Simplex 1) include cold sores in the mouth (herpes labialis) as well as genital herpes. HSV2 (Herpes Simplex 2) caused by the varicella zoster, is the source of chickenpox in children and shingles in adults.
There is no cure for herpes, but Valacyclovir medication is prescribed to reduce the severity of the outbreaks when they occur and suppress frequent outbreaks. Valtrex (Valacyclovir) can also reduce the chances of spreading the infection to others. Suppressive therapy can prevent recurrences as much as 80% per year.
Facts about HSV-1 and HSV-2 Viruses
- By the age of 50, on average 85% of people in the United States are carriers of either the HSV-1 or the HSV-2 virus.
- 25% of women over the age of 18, and 20% of men in the US carry the HSV-2 (Genital Herpes) Virus.
- There are over 50 million people in the US living with the virus.
- Most people do not know that they are carriers.
- In some, people, the virus can have no symptoms at all but they stillC can spread the virus to others.
|Use or Effects||Treat Cold Sores/Herpes|
|Is a Prescription Product||Yes|
Generic Valtrex is available by prescription only. Use as directed by your physician and pharmacy.
For maximum treatment benefits, Generic Valtrex (Valacyclovir) works best if it is used within 24 hours after the symptoms begin to appear.
Call your doctor if your symptoms do not improve or if they get worse. Tell any doctor or dentist who treats you that you are using this medicine. This medicine may affect certain medical test results. Do not stop using this medicine suddenly.